Blog Name

NEWS OF THE WEEK

Monday, May 7, 2012

Ice conditions, May 7/12

Hi Friends,

I'm just a little late with the first "Ice Conditions Report".

The truth is, there has been very little to post about the conditions and even less to see in pictures. Today, I walked down to the dock and found our bay on the south end of the lake has become free at the shoreline. A family of ducks have made their way home. As well, you can stand on the dock in the evening and listen to a chorus of gaggling geese to the west. Unusual for them to hang out in our bay but I guess they're just happy to find open water.
With the wind directions expecting to change up a number of times this week and wind speeds climbing for a few days as well, I am anticipating some great changes to the ice conditions by week's end. Of course, I'm no expert but a few days of good seasonal temperatures coupled with the wind can make light work of a little ice.

For those of you still looking for early season bookings, I have some availability for mid-week. Weekend slots are pretty tight but I still have some small spots open. Do not hesitate to call me if you're still looking!

Looking forward to a great fishing season this year. I have heard from many of you that this year is supposed to be one for the record books! I think every year is just that great here!

Cheers,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
70 kms East of Conklin, Alberta, Canada
Northern Alberta's Favorite Wilderness Resort with World Class trophy fishing for Monster Walleye and Northern Pike