Blog Name

NEWS OF THE WEEK

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring has sprung?

Hello Friends,

I 've had quite a few phone calls regarding the ice conditions on Winefred Lake. For sure, it has been a long winter and it's been slow getting going with the spring thaw. We are finally seeing that most of the snow has disappeared and the lake has begun to show signs of melting. Having that said, there is still probably close to a couple of feet of ice on there. We are hoping some rain, mild temperatures and a little wind will take care of that. However, I am cautious to assume that we will be on track for May 20 opening. So here's what I'm gonna do. Starting on May 13, I'll post a picture here on my blog each day until the lake is ready. You can then check in with my blog for up-to-date lake conditions and our comments from here at the lodge.

I'll be away from the office from April 28 to May 2. We will be hosting a booth at the Fort McMurray Spring Trade Show at MacDonald Island. You can find us in Hall D, Booth 435. Drop by and see us, if you're in the area!


We are excited to tell you that one of the Grand Prize giveaways is a full-service package for 2 to visit us at the lodge. Every person who purchases a ticket to attend the show will be eligible for this draw. For more information , you can speak with the show organizers (Fort McMurray Toursim) or drop by our booth.

This package is a great 3-day, 2-night full-service package for 2 people, which includes accommodations, boat rental and meals. For more information, see our Rates & Packages link, or drop by to see us at the show!

While away from the office, I will try to pick up my messages (both email and voice mail). Based on past Fort McMurray shows, it can sometimes be a challenge getting back to everyone. But I promise, I'll return all calls and emails as soon as I get back in the office.

See you there!

Cheers,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
70 kms East of Conklin, Alberta, Canada
Northern Alberta's Favorite Wilderness Resort with World Class trophy fishing for Monster Walleye and Northern Pike